How to configure Ruby on Rails for NewsCloud?
To run our quick Chef-based installation, you'll need to configure your computer with Ruby on Rails, Git and an SSH key. Here's how to do it on Mac OS X...
sudo gem install rubygems-update
Install Capistrano and Bundler:
sudo gem install --version=2.5.10 capistrano
sudo gem install capistrano-ext bundler
Create an ssh key:
ssh-keygen -t rsa -C "email@example.com"
- What events will trigger a notification onto the user's news feed?
- How to add RSS feeds to the Newswire page?
- How to feature stories on the front home page?
- How do dashboard messages work and how do readers see them?
- How do I eliminate repetitive taglines and section names from headlines?
- View all (5 more)
- How do I contact Jeff Reifman, NewsCloud's founder?
- Where is Dr. Greenhow's Knight-funded research on engaging young people?
- How do I follow NewsCloud's updates?
- Where are demonstration sites of NewsCloud's Facebook application platform?
- Who built the design skins for NewsCloud's Facebook applications?
- View all (4 more)