How to map your domain's DNS for Facebook Connect?
The NewsCloud Facebook application allows you to run two sites simultaneously: 1) Your application inside facebook at http://apps.facebook.com/yoursite and 2) Your application on the Web using Facebook Connect at http://yoursite.com or http://yoursite.yourdomain.com. Learn more about the difference between a Facebook application and a Facebook Connect website.
To configure your domain, you need to have your IT staff create a DNS A record for your website domain and point the address at NewsCloud's server or your cloud account server e.g. Amazon Web Services, Heroku, etc.
*yoursite.com A 126.96.36.199
*yoursite.yourdomain A 188.8.131.52
If you are running on Amazon's AWS cloud, you'll need an elastic IP service so you can map the domain name to your cloud statically.
- What events will trigger a notification onto the user's news feed?
- How to add RSS feeds to the Newswire page?
- How to feature stories on the front home page?
- How do dashboard messages work and how do readers see them?
- How do I eliminate repetitive taglines and section names from headlines?
- View all (5 more)
- How do I contact Jeff Reifman, NewsCloud's founder?
- Where is Dr. Greenhow's Knight-funded research on engaging young people?
- How do I follow NewsCloud's updates?
- Where are demonstration sites of NewsCloud's Facebook application platform?
- Who built the design skins for NewsCloud's Facebook applications?
- View all (4 more)