How do I eliminate repetitive taglines and section names from headlines?
User generated story posts often include unwanted brand taglines
and section names. Here's an example:
Local News | Supreme Court rules petition signatures public; Ref. 71 names not immediately available | Seattle Times Newspaper
The Title Filters feature in our administrative console provides the ability to filter out taglines commonly used in local sites that your users are submitting from.
In the Administration console, visit Settings -> Custom Data
-> Headline Filters
Then, just add any keyword strings that you want to filter out. Any time users post new stories, these keywords will be removed.
Warning It's best not to use single words that might appear in common headlines such as business or local or world. It's better to use phrases or words with symbols e.g. "Business |", "Local News", or "World -".
If you're site focuses on a particular geographic community, you'll be surprised how quickly and easily you can filter out common taglines from sites your users frequent (often your own).
- What events will trigger a notification onto the user's news feed?
- How to add RSS feeds to the Newswire page?
- How to feature stories on the front home page?
- How do dashboard messages work and how do readers see them?
- How do I eliminate repetitive taglines and section names from headlines?
- View all (5 more)
- How do I contact Jeff Reifman, NewsCloud's founder?
- Where is Dr. Greenhow's Knight-funded research on engaging young people?
- How do I follow NewsCloud's updates?
- Where are demonstration sites of NewsCloud's Facebook application platform?
- Who built the design skins for NewsCloud's Facebook applications?
- View all (4 more)