How do I place widgets from my community on an external web site?
To place widgets from your application on your website, you'll
need to create an iframe tag
with src = and place it the html of your website in the location where you want the widget to appear. For example, the following code places a newest articles widget with 7 items from your site:
<iframe src ="http://yoursite.com/widgets/articles?count=7" />
Here is a list of the widgets that we support currently:
Request new widgets here. Check out common options for widgets at the bottom of this post. Not all options are available on all widgets at this time.
Stories Lists news stories.
Articles Lists user generated blog posts:
Newswires Lists latest RSS newswire items (no
sort or filter at this time):
Activities Shows the latest activities feed
from your application.
Articles by a User This is handy users who want
to post the widget on their own blog or website, or share with
Use the option title_possessive=true if you want the title bar to say "My articles from Site Title" instead of the default title bar which says "Articles by User Name"
Blog Roll http://your.boston.com/widgets/blog_roll
Forum Roll http://your.boston.com/widgets/forum_roll
Latest Topics http://facebook.baristanet.com/widgets/topics
Bookmark Your Application button Note: the
Facebook bookmark button doesn't always appear - it depends on the
user's Facebook session being active, whether they've authorized
the application and whether they've already bookmarked the
application - and ultimately there seems to be some Facebook
randomness thrown in for good measure.
Common options are listed below:
count - limits the number of items e.g. count=7
sort - sort by newest (default) or top e.g. sort=top
filter - default is off, filter = featured will choose featured items. Only supported in Stories and Articles currently. e.g. filter=featured
scrollable - turns on sliding animation. Only supported for stories currently. e.g. scrollable=true
fan - if true, adds fan button below widget e.g. fan=true
hide_titlebar - if true, hides titlebar at top of widget e.g. hide_titlebar=true
- What events will trigger a notification onto the user's news feed?
- How to add RSS feeds to the Newswire page?
- How to feature stories on the front home page?
- How do dashboard messages work and how do readers see them?
- How do I eliminate repetitive taglines and section names from headlines?
- View all (5 more)
- How do I contact Jeff Reifman, NewsCloud's founder?
- Where is Dr. Greenhow's Knight-funded research on engaging young people?
- How do I follow NewsCloud's updates?
- Where are demonstration sites of NewsCloud's Facebook application platform?
- Who built the design skins for NewsCloud's Facebook applications?
- View all (4 more)